Wk 17: Wrap Up

Before this class, I saw social media as a fun way to keep up with friends. I frequented a few sites daily and posted occasionally. This class brought me out of my comfort zone and had me posting once or twice a week either on a blog or on another site.  As someone who has never ran a business social media account, I learned so much about how much effort it takes to run a successful social media campaign.

After being on social media for years and only running personal accounts, I found posting on behalf of a business pretty exciting.  It felt nice to have an objective when writing a caption or creating content for my sites versus posting just for fun.  My creativity was stretched pretty far in a few of these assignments. I used a free software to create an ad based off of a photo that I had taken, and I developed a professional Facebook page that tried to capture the essence of my imaginary business. 

This class has shown me that social media can be used as a tool.  It's not only a place to keep up with friends, but it is also a place for business as well. Facebook, Instagram Twitter, and many other social media sites provide place where people of common interests can interact.  Running a business account that accurately reflects what the company stands for can help people make a connection and win over the hearts of its customers and potential customers.  Social media allows businesses to have a personality that its target audience can relate to and trust. 

The tools that these sites offer provide businesses with information that can help them be successful in their marketing.  Knowing what to do with that information is the key to making it to the top.  Being able to extract the information from posts that are doing well or not doing well can help you cater your content to gain more engagement and ultimately more sales. 

Running a successful campaign will take a culmination of these skills and lots of practice to perfect.  Being able to come up with creative content that achieves its own goal, while providing viewers with content they want to see is an art.  I recently got an offer to run a few social media sites for a small local business that I love.  I plan on taking up their offer and further building the skills that this class has taught me.  I believe they want me to start with taking over their Instagram and Facebook page but I am going to highly encourage them to open up a blog as well. 

Before this class, I never saw myself pursuing a job in this field of work.  I always thought of it as too much work or being too stressful.  CSIT 155 taught me that using these sites for business can actually be both fun and rewarding.  I'm looking forward to see where some of these new skills take me and I am excited to bring them to a professional setting. 

Comments

  1. Found out your post very informative and knowledgeable, I did learn new things and information from your article.You have done a fantastic job. Let’s keep it up.

    Central Vietnam Tour Package from Singapore.
    Phong Nha Pioneer Travel
    Central Vietnam Package Tour
    Viet Tours
    My Son Tours
    Hoi An Eco Tour




    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment