Wk 14: Ads

          



1) This photo is meant to be a story ad.  I created it according to the dimensions needed for a story which is 9x16 and included text over the image. I think this ad would be effective because the text subtly directs the reader to the shirt and might draw them to find out more about Prizmatic. Furthermore, I think the photo does well to achieve its goal to portray the lifestyle that my brand is going for. People who are unfamiliar with my brand would get an idea of what we're about at Prizmatic.

2) My second ad is a standard Instagram picture ad.  They require a 1x1 photo. I think the photo itself shows off the product pretty well while providing another nice lifestyle shot. Additionally, my cheeky caption might grab some attention as well.  The overall goal of this ad is to bring awareness to the brand and show how our shirt looks on people as well.

3) I decided to try my luck with a product ad.  It was difficult to mask out the image itself but I think it turned out well. There's no distractions and focuses on the product.  The post itself is a carousel ad, the second photo is just a back view of the tee shirt.  I tried to keep the caption as simple as the photo. I noticed a lot of competitors and large businesses like Volcom and Brixton have very simple captions with 1-2 sentences as the caption, so I went with the same style ad.  \

I used all my own content for these ads, I still don't have a tangible product to put in ads so I made do with what tees I already had laying around.

An ad objective is essentially what the ad is trying to achieve.  There are many different reasons why a business would want to put out ads, some examples include engaging with customers, reaching a target market, inform, raise brand awareness, and sell. Because I have a new business, I think ads that both raise awareness of my brand and inform them of what products we sell would be the best kind of investment.  I kept this in mind when I created the three ads for this project.  As a new business, we have to try and make our name and logo recognizable while also portraying what kind of lifestyle we are selling.  These must be emphasized in our ad campaign. 

Comments