Wk 13: Ads and Design

Fortunately for the product I am using, creating visual content should be straight forward.  I would have similar content to those of my competitors; lifestyle shots of individuals wearing my clothing, and product shots on a clean background. 

One of the things that I believe would really help my brand is to sell the lifestyle that my clothing is trying to capture.  So content would be surfers wearing my clothes on the beach or skateboarders skating down the street for instance with a short line of text on the bottom and a call to action.  Similarly, a product photo combined with text over it would be sufficient. 

I think simple domain and multi-product ads would work for my goal.  As I begin to grow my business, I would probably focus on pushing these types of ads and grow my base, then work into "boosting" posts.
Initially, I think the frequency of ads would be quite often to get some brand recognition.  This seems similar to what Brixton is doing for their campaign.  They are not nearly as big as some of the other brands I looked at, yet they had the most active ads by a large margin.  Once they get as recognizable as some of the larger brands, I would expect them to pull back on their ads and let natural engagement take over like Volcom and Billabong. 



Comments