Wk 12: LinkedIn, Yelp

Looking at the list, LinkedIn made the most sense for me to look into both for me, and my business.  I went ahead and made an account.  I found many profiles of people I already know in the industry and connected with them.
I began looking for relevant groups that relate to Prizmatic. I searched for the term "skateboarding" and it brought me to the "skateboard industry connect" group.  There are over 10,000 members which allows connections between CEOs, employers, sponsors, and other skateboarders in the industry.  I definitely plan on using this as a resource for both me and my brand's future.  Link to my page
Based on the list, I also looked into using Yelp for my brand.  I tried looking for other companies utilizing the site for reviews.  It seems like Yelp is mostly used for storefronts versus reviewing actual products.  All of the brands I looked up (Volcom, RVCA, etc..) only had reviews for their headquarter locations.  So I could look into this if I ever start selling from a warehouse, but it is not viable for me to use at the moment.


Comments