Wk1: Template Choice

Keep It Simple, Stupid

As someone who subscribes to the "kiss" principle, I chose a template that kept it the most simple.  I find that overly designed styles tend to be more confusing and hard to follow.   Although there is not much on the blog now, I intend to keep the design subtle.  In my opinion, simple designs never seem to age. 

After sampling a handful of themes, Emporio spoke to me the most.  The elegance comes from the rounded font against a solid white background. Text is easy to read with nice contrast and the font evokes a smoothness that I particularly sought after.  

Though this is my choice now, I am sure my tastes will change once my blog grows.  I am always open to new ideas and willing to try new things.  I am excited to see how my own, and other students' blogs and styles change with the semester.  


Comments

  1. Hey Austin! Gotta love the “kiss” principle - you follow it well by keeping it simple but not too simple that it isn’t aesthetically pleasing. I agree that simple/classic is totally timeless. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your blog and the "kiss" principle, great choice and I love your reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I really love how you choose something that it is plain and easy to understand. I think that it's a good idea to find something that you know and love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment